Head of Origination France and Italy – Origination Southwest Europe (m/f/d)
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
As part of the Trading & Origination department, the Origination Southwest Europe team concludes non-standard, structured and often complex transactions in wholesale energy markets in Spain, Portugal, France and Italy. Thereby, it cooperates closely with Statkraft’s trading desks and the other regional Origination teams to offer pan-European tailored energy solutions. The responsibilities within Origination Southwest Europe are divided into Origination Iberia, Origination France/Italy and Portfolio Management. While the Origination teams focus on originating, structuring and negotiating value enhancing new transactions, the Portfolio Management provides the analysis, structuring and pricing platform to all non-standard commodity contracts and manages the entire portfolio exposure in the market across the curve until delivery. Thereby, Origination and Portfolio Management closely collaborate on a “one team – one PnL” philosophy.
The portfolio currently consists of tailor-made long-term Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) with IPPs/generators and large end customers as well as other non-standard flexible and structured wholesale products in Iberia. Origination Southwest Europe is planning to further expand in terms of regional and product scope over the next years.
You will be located in Statkraft’s regional office in Milan or Paris/Lyon and build up the Origination team of initially consisting of two additional Originators in France and Italy. You will report directly to the VP Origination Southwest Europe and be part of the management team. Your activities will include:
- Play a pivotal role in the scaling up of the portfolio of non-standard power and multi-commodity contracts in the French and Italian market
- Manage, develop and grow a highly professional and talented team of originators
- Work closely with the Head of Origination Iberia and Head of Portfolio Management for new deal origination, structuring and pricing in order to grow and optimize the portfolio
- Identify, develop, negotiate and execute complex structured energy transactions with embedded optionality in the Italian market with a focus on renewable PPAs
- Develop and maintain relationships with large buyers of electricity such as industrials, corporates, suppliers
- Develop and maintain relationships with upstream generators, IPPs, project developers, investors, banks, utilities and merchant traders
- Explore markets and promote new products in collaboration with other desks, channel and distribute information and opportunities
- Originate new - out-of-the box - marketing and trading opportunities with counter-parties/clients to enlarge Statkraft’s playing field
- Work closely with colleagues in Milan, Paris/Lyon, Madrid and Düsseldorf office, fellow originators, portfolio managers and risk analysts for new deal origination, structuring and pricing
- Manage entire deal approval process with all internal stakeholders and take full front-to-end ownership of implementation of new deals and products and contract management over the lifetime
- University degree in economics, engineering, business, or similar is required
- Minimum 10 years of professional work experience in energy markets, previous relevant commercial (front office) experience in European power markets
- Management experience and management skills, ability to lead, develop and motivate
- Proven track record in the valuation, structuring, negotiation and execution of either asset-backed transactions or structured commodity / cross commodity transactions
- Experience and familiarity with non-standard power contract terms, long-term renewable off take agreements / PPAs and master trade agreements, such as EFET, ISDA
- Strong understanding of and view on European power market fundamentals, interconnections, generation assets, market players and market regulations
- Solid quantitative modelling skills - demonstrable knowledge of financial/investment modelling of power assets as well as modelling and pricing of complex energy structures
- Strong team player able to co-operate with members from internal support desks (Operations, Risk, Legal, other Front Office desks) to manage the deal lifecycle from initiation to execution into operations
- Willingness to frequently travel between Statkraft offices France, Italy and Germany and customers
- Strong commercial mind-set and high level of initiative and motivation
- Fluent in Italian and/or French and excellent communication skills in English; any additional language proficiency is a plus
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater