Head of Portfolio Management – Origination Southwest Europe (m/f/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
What we do:
As part of the Trading & Origination department, the Origination Southwest Europe team concludes non-standard, structured and often complex transactions in wholesale energy markets in Spain, Portugal, France and Italy. Thereby, it cooperates closely with Statkraft’s trading desks and the other regional Origination teams to offer pan-European tailored energy solutions. The responsibilities within Origination Southwest Europe are divided into Origination Iberia, Origination France/Italy and Portfolio Management. While the Origination teams focus on originating, structuring and negotiating value enhancing new transactions, the Portfolio Management provides the analysis, structuring and pricing platform to all non-standard commodity contracts and manages the entire portfolio exposure in the market across the curve until delivery. Thereby, Origination and Portfolio Management closely collaborate on a “one team – one PnL” philosophy.
The portfolio currently consists of tailor-made long-term Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) with IPPs/generators and large end customers as well as other non-standard flexible and structured wholesale products in Iberia. Origination Southwest Europe is planning to further expand in terms of regional and product scope over the next years.
You will be located in Düsseldorf and head the Portfolio Management team of four highly professional and driven FTEs (one to be hired). You will report directly to the VP Origination Southwest Europe and be part of the management team. Your activities will include:
- Play a pivotal role in the scaling up of the portfolio of non-standard power and multi-commodity contracts, including the set-up of state-of-the art portfolio management infrastructure and procedures
- Manage, develop and grow a highly professional and talented team of portfolio managers / structurers as well as quantitative and fundamental analysts
- Work closely with the Heads of Origination Iberia, France and Italy for new deal origination, structuring and pricing in order to grow and optimize the portfolio
- Optimize the value of the Southwest European Origination portfolio in the long-/mid- and short-term markets via OTC and screen trading, develop portfolio management strategies that help us exploit market opportunities and enhance portfolio returns within the limits of the mandate
- Develop both quantitative and fundamental views of relevant power markets along the entire curve (including of risks and risk mitigation strategies related to managing an intermittent renewable portfolio), liaising closely with team members and other main stake-holders such as other origination teams, traders, risk analysts and both internal and external fundamental analysts
- Build and maintain strong relationships with midstream/trading companies, brokers and exchanges
- Constantly improve modelling tools, portfolio management systems and optimization approach
- Liaise closely with risk department / middle office on PnL and risk reporting
- University degree in mathematics, economics, engineering or similar
- Minimum 10 years of professional work experience in energy markets, previous relevant commercial (front office) experience in European power markets
- Management experience and management skills, ability to lead, develop and motivate
- Proven track record in the trading or portfolio management of complex, structured power positions / portfolios, including intermittent renewable power generation
- In depth understanding of European power markets, power trading and risk management
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills; state-of-the art know-how in pricing of structured, non-standard contracts in power markets
- Willingness to occasional travel and external market exposure
- Strong commercial mind-set and high level of initiative and motivation
- Reliable team player with excellent communication skills in English; Spanish, Italian or French would be an advantage
- Flexible, accurate and capable of further developing the business
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.