Ønsket Språk:Engelsk, Norsk
Se her for andre jobber fra GRID-Arendal
Spørsmål rettes til
Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Senior Expert, Marine Environment (marine litter)
GRID-Arendal is a small, flexible organization with highly qualified staff that specializes in complex environmental issues. We seek a senior expert in marine environmental management to join our team and support our ongoing work addressing marine litter. The ideal candidate will lead and develop projects related to reducing marine litter, with a particular focus on supporting developing countries tackling marine plastic pollution. The candidate will have experience working with UN agencies, international development programmes or similar. The candidate will have an established network of partners.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Arendal, Norway.
- Lead and develop projects related to the marine environment – with a particular focus on addressing marine litter.
- Lead research and analysis to build a knowledge base on sources of marine litter in developing countries – with a focus on identifying solutions to reduce the litter entering the marine environment.
- Work closely with other staff to ensure that GRID-Arendal delivers high quality outcomes, with a particular focus on supporting developing countries.
- Work with a team to apply technical approaches such as open data sources and spatial analysis to collect information on sources of marine litter.
- Lead the development of innovative communication products, including reports, policy briefs and outreach materials, for a wide variety of stakeholders and end users.
Preferred professional qualifications
- PhD or Masters degree or equivalent in environmental science, development studies or related field preferably with experience on addressing marine pollution issues;
- Ten years work experience in the field of environmental science, environmental management or related fields
- Proven track record in project development, fundraising, implementation, and management; particularly projects related to marine environment or marine litter.
- Proven track record in working in and leading diverse and remote teams.
- Experience working with the UN or international environment or development programmes, and a strong professional network
- Excellent communications skills, including both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of other languages, particularly French or Norwegian would be an advantage.
- An understanding of the importance of communications in project development and results dissemination.
- Strong track record in successful project completion, delivering high impact outcomes
- Excellent networking ability and diplomatic skills.
Preferred personal qualifications
- Excellent team player and ability to work independently
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- High motivation and energy
- Ability to pursue multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent networking capabilities and diplomatic skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in an international and culturally diverse environment
GRID-Arendal’s salary system is linked to the Norwegian Government salary system. It is based on education and experience. Salaries are subject to Norwegian tax regulations. Insurance and personal benefits are provided in addition to salary.
Deadline for applications: 31 January 2020
Application should include a cover letter and curriculum vitae. Please send your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and mark in the subject ‘Waste and Marine Litter’, by close of business on 31 January 2020.
For more information about the position, please contact Kari Scheie +47 9264 4420, or Miles Macmillan-Lawler +47 9759 6865.
- 70.000+ unike brukere/mnd
- Over 75.000 CVer registrert
- Motta alle søknader ett sted
- Integrasjon Nav, Finn og lokalaviser
- Annonsering i sosiale medier