Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Helse Sør-øst RHF
Senior Consultant combined with Professor II/Associate Professor
Oslo University Hospital (OUH) is Norway’s largest hospital with over 20 000 employees and a budget of 20 billion NOK. It is a local hospital for parts of Oslo's population. It has a regional function for the inhabitants in the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, and it also has many national functions. The Hospital is responsible for the majority of medical research and education of health personnel in Norway.
The University of Oslo (UiO) is Norway's largest research and educational institution with 28 000 students and 7 000 employees. Professional breadth and internationally recognized research environments make UiO an important contributor to society. The Faculty of Medicine was established in 1814 and is Norway's oldest medical faculty. The Faculty works for progressive education, research and dissemination for the patients’ and society’s best interests. It is organized into three basic units and has approximately 1 500 employees (about 1 000 work years) and about 2 000 students.
A permanent position as Senior Consultant (Orthopaedic surgery) is available at the Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Oslo University Hospital (OUH), at Rikshospitalet. The position is affiliated with a part-time position as Professor II /Associate Professor (20 % position) in Medicine (Orthopaedic surgery) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions.
Qualification requirements – education and relevant personal qualities – for the clinical part of the position:
- The applicant must be a board-certified Orthopaedic surgeon, clinically active and have a broad clinical experience. Norwegian health authorities demand a board certification issued in Norway in order to work as an Orthopaedic surgeon in Norway. Applicants without a Norwegian board certification must present in detail how they will get this in due time.
- The applicant should have broad experience as a senior consultant within the field of hand surgery, spinal surgery or pediatric Orthopaedic surgery.
- Clinical work at our department would require competence within the whole spectrum of the clinical subspeciality (hand-, spine-, or pediatric Orthopaedic surgery), but we also expect clinical and scientific engagement in developing highly specialized treatment on an international level.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Personal suitability for the position will be emphasized.
We can offer:
- A challenging and friendly working environment
- High academic standards
- A favourable pension arrangement
- Advantageous welfare conditions
- An inclusive workplace
- Pay grade depending on qualifications
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate, https://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/form---phd-candidate-supervision.odt
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and send the documents as PDF-files (maximum 2 MB / file).
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills: http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/index.html
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Kristoffer Viken Tobiassen, email@example.com (+47) 22 84 46 84.
Head of Division Rolf Riise (+47) 930 24 368
Head of Research and Professor Lars Nordsletten (+47) 91721568