BedriftNexans Norway AS
Bransje:Energi- og vannforsyning
Se her for andre jobber fra Nexans Norway AS
World-wide turnkey cable supplier seeks a Project Engineer with civil work background for Installation of high voltage cables systems
Nexans, Electrify the Future
Nexans’ submarine power cables are key in the transition to more renewable energy whether connecting islands to the mainland or bringing green energy from offshore wind farms to the grid. In cooperation with our world-wide customers we push technological boundaries to go deeper, longer, at higher voltages and to provide turn-key solutions for installation and protection to meet future needs.
Information about the department
As an engineer in the land installation department you will work in turnkey projects as part of a project team. The department’s responsibility within projects is landing subsea cables to shore or platforms, installing complete onshore cable systems and terminating cables to the power grid. Your job will be to engineer the solutions and supervise the execution phase.
Responsibilities and tasks
Nexans Norway AS is now looking for a project engineer whose main responsibility in projects will be planning and follow-up of subcontractors' delivery on construction sites associated with cable installation. The work consists of, among other things, planning, follow-up and documentation of quality of execution, preparing solutions and methods for technical and logistical challenges. The focus area will be geotechnical survey of landing sites and evaluation of soil conditions, site preparation, minor and major concrete construction works, sheet piling, microtunneling or horizontal directional drilling and various other civil work activities interfacing with the cable installation. We are looking for a candidate who can take responsibility for complex multidisciplinary operations and ensure that they are carried out in a safe and professional manner.
- Engineering of cable system installation solutions as part of a project team
- Prepare the needs and technical documentation for procurement of materials and services
- Collaboration and communication with clients, suppliers and other Nexans disciplines
- Follow up subcontracts and subcontractors’ deliveries
- Coordinate logistics of installation crew, product and tools
- Follow up and lead cable system installation work on the work sites
What we are looking for
- Master Degree within relevant field of engineering
- High in self-efficacy, solution oriented and proactive
- Very good capability in written communications
- Comfortable with both Norwegian and English as working language
- Flexible for short notice, long duration travels in remote locations
- Experience from leading a worksite
Why work with us?
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Interesting and varied work in an international, dynamic and multidisciplinary environment
- Good pension scheme and insurance agreements
- Company cottages
For more information please contact Marko Kutschera via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: March 1st, 2021
About Nexans Norway
Nexans Norway is part of the Nexans Group which has industrial presence in 40 countries and commercial activities worldwide and has nearly 1,600 employees. The head office is located in Oslo and we have manufacturing plants in Rognan, Langhus and Halden.
Nexans’ Norwegian activity is divided into three business groups: Submarine & Land Systems (SLS), Building & Territories and Telecom (B&T&T) and Telecom and Data (T&D).
About Submarine & Land Systems:
Submarine & Land Systems is a global player in engineering, manufacturing and installing key submarine cable solutions to customers all over the world. The Business Group has manufacturing plants in Halden, USA, Japan, France and Belgium
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater