Helse Sør-øst RHF
Oslo University Hospital is a workplace with great diversity. We believe this is essential to perform the tasks required of us. Therefore, we pursue diversity among our job applicants and encourage everyone to apply regardless of who you are and what background you have. Oslo University Hospital is a highly specialised hospital in charge of extensive regional and local hospital assignments and the provision of high quality services for the citizens of Oslo. The hospital also has a nationwide responsibility for a number of national and multi-regional assignments and has several national centres of competence.
PostDoc fellowship position in neurodegeneration / neuroimmunological research
A 3-years-PostDoc fellowship position is available at the Pahnke Lab (www.pahnkelab.eu) of Professor Jens Pahnke. The PhD fellow will focus the work on neurodegenerative diseases with special emphasis on EAE and ABC transporter function, myelin signaling and lipid metabolism (latest start date 01.11.2022)
We look for an PostDoc fellow applicant who:
- has completed a PhD degree in neurodegeneration / neuroscience / biochemistry
- has experience with EAE models (PT/MOG induction)
- has experience in working with mouse models, preferably of neurodegenerative diseases
- has experience in handling transgenic and knockout mouse models, competence in genotyping of animals
- holds allowance certificate (FELASA B / C or comparable) for the work with genetically modified organisms
- has a background in neurodegeneration research, zoology, and molecular biology, or comparable
- is structured and responsible
- is experienced in using and programming Excel spreadsheets and Access databases
- has experience in behavioral testing of mouse models is of benefit
- interest in neuropathology and animal histology is of benefit
- track record of publications in the field of neurodegenerative diseases
- Is hardworking and curious about the development of new treatments
- Is fluent in written and spoken English
- Will contribute with high enthusiasm to working in a very ambitious team
- Participation in a well-functioning, ambitious international research group
- Favorable welfare and pension arrangements
The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – list all scientific peer-reviewed publications, no posters, research prizes)
- Copies of educational certificates and grades
- Names, email and telephone number of 2-3 referees (describe relation to applicant)
- Inquiries regarding the positions can be directed to Jens Pahnke: email@example.com
- The application with all attachments must be submitted via our electronic recruitment system and in parallel be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications should be as single pdf file that includes all of these required items. Applications missing obligatory information will not be processed further.
- Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system if needed. All documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
In accordance with the University Hospital of Oslo’s equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
Interviews will be in Oslo or by Skype/Zoom.