Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Field Service Engineer
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Highly subsidized health & welfare benefits with an option of a zero-dollar high deductible plan which includes an employer contribution towards your health savings account
- Fully subsidized dental and vision coverage
- Up to 5% employer match program – USA applicable
- Flexibility with Paid Time Off – USA applicable
- Career growth opportunities
- Safe and collaborative culture
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Service Engineer, reporting to local Propulsion management.
- Propulsion system knowledge - Relevant product owner familirization, commissioning training and recorded skill set;
- Problem solving;
- Mounting and comissioning offline and online measurements devices.
- Relevant vibration certification and product (where applicable) familiarization with recorded skill set is required
- Video scope inspections on thruster equipment;
- Vibration analyst CAT I training and certification – where applicable
- Performing basic visual inspections thruster inspections;
- Installation and commissioning of CMU-8 & CMU-16 monitoring systems.
- Produce report;
- Travel availability
Qualifications and Experience:
- Microsoft package user level;
- Technical education, bachelor, or equivalent combination of experience/education in the related professional field;
- Propulsion system experience;
- Leadership and team building skills;
- Strong verbal communication and written reporting skills in English language;
You are able to:
- Passion and patience to support customers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to handle simultaneous activities and work in a hectic environment
- Must be able to travel on short notice
- Must be comfortable with extended travel activity and work tasks controlled by our customers
- Be a team worker, with excellent cooperative skills towards colleagues and customers
- Manage English as the official “work language”
- Ability to work independently, self-driven
- Travel availability
Work Location: New Orleans - Louisiana - USA