The Role… We have vacancies for a Workshop Fitter based at DFDS Seaways. To take ownership of routine repairs and servicing on all Terminal owned equipment, ensuring that targets and efficiencies are achieved, whilst maintaining the highest standards of safety and service.
- Make sure that the right equipment is always available in safe and reliable working order for use by the ships and Terminal Operations Departments.
- To ensure that equipment is routinely serviced in line with current regulations.
- Ensure that unserviceable or faulty equipment is removed from use and is repaired or replaced.
- Ensure that equipment is always properly calibrated, any concerns to be reported
- Provide technical advice and support where necessary.
- Keep personal knowledge of standards; new equipment; manufacturers and statutory regulations current.
- Actively seek opportunities to reduce costs or improve efficiency. Put forward proposals and recommendations for consideration.
- Ensure that all health and safety procedures and policies are being adhered to throughout the Workshop.
- Manage and control sub-contract activities in line with Health & Safety requirements.
- Terminal Workshop costs aligned with Budget expectations.
- Contribute towards the development of the overall business strategy, ensuring that departmental objectives are aligned with those of the business.
- Ensure all aspects of Health and Safety legislative requirements are known and understood for all Terminal workshop activities.
- Ensure adequate stocks of spares available for use to maintain equipment availability.
- Promote a culture within the department that puts customers first.
- Devolve decision-making to the lowest possible level.
- Training and development should be fulfilled to ensure that a realistic succession planning is in place
- Ensure that all relevant policies, operating procedures, and standards are properly implemented throughout the area of accountability.
- Ensure that the workplace is kept clean and tidy
- Keeping your Line Manager informed of any existing or potential problems or customer complaints.
- Be available to work on a 24 hour On-Call rota.
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures, and standards always.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Carry out any other role or task that is commensurate with the spirit and purpose of this job