Working Students / Interns in Sales and Product Development (m/f/d)
In Germany Statkraft has, since 1999, been an active trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates and a broad range of structured products. We are one of the leading players and service providers in managing distributed energy generation.
The energy landscape is changing rapidly and so is our business. Our young and international team continuously improves the optimization tools, forecasts and trading strategies using data science techniques: data mining and visualization, developing hypotheses, testing statistical models. All this happens in close collaboration with our traders, power plant operators and other stakeholders like project and business developers. New business opportunities arise on a daily basis and need to be valued and eventually operationalized.
Your internship will be in the centre of Germany’s market leader in the direct sales support scheme here in Düsseldorf. We do the forecasting, trading, balancing and billing for more than 10,000 MW renewable installations from third parties. The “Product Developmen” department has the commercial responsibility to deliver new products and handling existing ones for a portfolio of roughly 1,500 contracts with renewable producers (wind, PV, biomass and hydropower). Furthermore, the department is supporting the acquisition of new customers, commercial negotiations with operators and financing banks as well as representing Statkraft at industry fairs and conferences.
Over the course of your internship you will become familiar with many aspects of the energy market, data structures and business processes. Since your work is at the heart of our business and therefore commercially significant you will always have expert support but we also expect you to work independently. There is always room for exploring new ideas and business. Our interns are highly qualified employee and you will actively contribute to the further development and growth of Statkraft Markets.
Student of natural sciences, engineering, economics, or computer science with
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Programming experience (preferably Python)
- Experience in time series analysis (machine learning and statistical modelling would be a plus)
- Team player with good communicative skills
- Proactive and independent way of working
- Fluent in English, fluent German is an advantage
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Duration: 4 - 6 months,
Expected start date: Flexible start date
- 70.000+ unike brukere/mnd
- Over 70.000 CVer registrert
- Motta alle søknader ett sted
- Integrasjon Nav, Finn og lokalaviser
- Annonsering i sosiale medier