Wind Development Manager
Energi- og vannforsyning
Madrid or Valencia, Spain
Salary: Competitive + Benefits +Bonus
We are now looking for an experienced Wind Development Manager to join our highly experienced team in either Madrid or Valencia, Spain.
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us to make a positive impact on our planet.
As a Wind Development Manager, you will proactively develop Statkraft’s new business in Spain focusing on the company’s large scale/commercial sales pipeline, providing EPC and development revenue. You will be directly responsible for creating business in the Wind market, directly impacting the company’s commercial growth, profitability and strategic direction. This position requires regular travel within Spain.
Key responsibilities that you will be managing:
- Managing development process of Statkraft’s Wind project portfolio
- Build-up a quality and sustainable wind pipeline in Iberia region
- Negotiating sub-contractor roles responsibilities and contracts
- Negotiating and communicating with key development contracts
- Communication with relevant stakeholders (permitting authorities, municipalities, politics and landowners)
- Identifying, negotiating and managing co-development agreements
- Identifying and negotiating with investors
- Negotiating and closing EPC and O&M contracts
- Market research for new markets
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of local market legislation, regulations, support schemes etc.
- Presenting projects to the internal investment committee
- Managing costs and cashflow within the development budget
- Managing local development partners
- Internal pipeline management and reporting
- Financial analysis of opportunities
- Identifying and closing of project acquisitions
- Acquisition and negotiation of land lease agreements and project rights with leading external field representatives.
We are looking for a minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience in the following areas:
- Development – Deep understanding of ‘greenfield’ development process for wind farm projects in Spain (including site control, securing interconnection, permitting process, etc.). Good knowledge of associated business development costs.
- Management – Excellent Project Management skills on large scale utility size projects
- Energy Markets - Knowledge of the electricity market in Iberia, including but not limited to interaction with grid operators (REE and distribution companies), knowledge of the Spanish/Portuguese regulation and development roadmaps.
- Wind Technology - Demonstrated deep knowledge of Wind technology and costs (WTGs BOP, EPC or TSA+BOP, O&M). Basic knowledge of ancillary technologies (e.g. batteries, T&D networks, hybrids, etc.).
- Corporate Environment – Fully accustomed to work in an international corporate environment with very good interpersonal and communication skills.
Experience in project management and a good track record when it comes to delivery, contractual negotiation and closing are vital for this role.
What we offer
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy and offer our team:
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- Professional and personal development in an exciting European energy company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.