DFDS Immingham are looking for a warehouse operative. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and fast paced, growing business. The role is reporting to the Warehouse Manager and will involve all aspects of the warehousing process, including receipt of goods, picking, assembling and loading customer orders. Use of Manual Handling Equipment (MHE) and customer specific Warehouse Management Systems will be integral to the role. Focus on providing a high level of customer service whilst acting in accordance with legislative requirements and company policy.
We handle on a day to day basis a number of industrial products Steel, Paper, &Timber are the main commodities but it could be anything that can be shipped. You will need to have experience or be trained on various types of handling equipment such as Tugmasters, Forklifts, Reel/bale clamps & side loaders. It would also be an advantage if you have had any experience of operating Gantry cranes.
The nature of this work is varied, you will be required to receive, pick, assemble & load orders, & tranship, in line with customer requirements, depot KPIs & agreed performance and quality standards. Work accurately and handle customer stock with care and consideration to minimise damages and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. There is operation of customer specific Warehouse Management Systems and you will work to pre-determined customer schedules ensuring loads are prepared in a timely manner, We are looking to cover day shifts, Monday to Friday with the availability of some overtime.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll become part of a great business who take our people development seriously. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!