Who are we… DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe, using 3000 trailers, 3000 containers, 750 swap bodies and 300 trucks to ensure excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop, and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role… A vacancy has arisen for a Warehouse Operative based at DFDS Logistics in Immingham. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and fast paced, growing business. The role is to deliver a high standard of customer service, sufficient to take in and despatch products, whilst working to H&S standards.
- Liaison with Warehouse Manager/Warehouse Supervisors as required.
- Loading and unloading of vehicles
- Use Electric pallet trucks for loading and unloading trailers
- Responsible for general housekeeping of the warehouse loading bay, ensuring a safe working environment is constantly maintained.
- Forklift driving
- Order Picking
- IT skills, General operative inputting/retrieving of orders on in house system by use of scanners
- Excellent English both written and Verbal
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures, and standards at all times.
- To ensure that the Company’s activities are in accordance with its Safety, Health and Environmental policy
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Carry out any other role or task that is commensurate with the spirit and purpose of this job description.
- To carry out any other duties that may be required from time to time by management.
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
If you want to be part of a growing and forward-thinking business that puts its colleagues first, please apply today and join our team! We will evaluate applicants on an ongoing basis. We are an inclusive equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all. #WE MOVE FOR ALL TO GROW