Vice President Vessel Control Systems (KM 21-085)
Kongsberg Maritime (KM), a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace.
Our Integrated Solutions Division in KM is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Since the development of the first Dynamic Positioning system in the 1970's, Kongsberg Maritime has always been in the forefront of developing leading Automation and Bridge Systems, and the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for maintaining and further developing that substantial legacy.
Vessel Systems is a delivery business unit in Integrated Solutions which is responsible for Automation, Dynamic Positioning, Navigation and Thruster Control. We are seeking a new Vice President to lead Vessel Control Systems and bring the global organization to the next level related to digitalization, competitiveness and collaboration.
The position reports to Senior Vice President, Vessel Systems.
Vessel Control Systems main objectives:
- Develop a global delivery organization capable of delivering all KM's active Automation systems (HW&SW), Concepts and products
- Lean & Agile, adapting to the forthcoming product harmonization and digitalization process
- Develop efficient execution models to shape KM's future
- Function as an active stakeholder in ongoing development projects
- Ensure Vessel systems contribution in common processes / improvement projects and digitalization
- Further develop and lead Vessel Control Systems, into a modern and agile global project organization
- Ensure that Vessel Control Systems actively supports KM’s short and long-term strategies and goals
- Main responsible for resource hubs and competence globally
- Main responsible for the operational budget for the department
- Take charge in upcoming digitalization projects ensuring future competitiveness
- Understand market conditions and contribute to predicting future competitive advantage
- Experienced and strong leader with international experience / leadership experience (4-5 years management experience, with proven results)
- Ability to drive innovation and collaboration across organizational boundaries
- Analytic skills combined with high ambitions to deliver results
- Ability to acquire a technical understanding related to our products, projects and solutions
- Knowledge or experience on the process of becoming a digital company and the related change management
- Experience in leading leaders
- You will lead teams located in several locations in Norway, and remote leadership will be essential
- Travelling as required
- Motivate and create a good team spirit in the department
- Collaborative and network oriented
- Business and customer focused
- Communicates well both orally and in writing
- Desire to influence and change larger organizations
- A challenging leadership position in an exciting division
- A strong professional environment with talented colleagues
Work location: Horten, Kongsberg, Ålesund or any other KM location.