Who are we… DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe, using 3000 trailers, 3000 containers, 750 swap bodies and 300 trucks to ensure excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop, and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role…..To transport fish both fresh and frozen safely and in a timely manner to various destinations. This role will require a degree of flexibility in your working shifts and hours as this is a 24-hour operation.
- Ensure all delivery notes are signed upon delivery.
- Minimise the risk of accidents.
- At all times deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure the vehicle is kept to regulatory safety standards.
- Comply with VOSA legislation
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures and standards at all times.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Comply with all risk assessments and safe working procedures.
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Life assurance cover
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
The ideal candidate should have knowledge of a similar operation, be happy to work both day and night shifts, no more than 3 points for minor offences on their driving licence and with a flexible and pro-active attitude to join the team in Grimsby,
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you have a working knowledge of a similar environment/ role and have excellent customer service, please submit your CV and application in English, as soon as possible, we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.