Unaccompanied Transport Planner
Are you highly organized? Passionate about planning and maximizing load fill? Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and being part of a high performing team, who deliver great service to our customers in the most cost-effective solution possible? Do you have excellent geographical knowledge? We’ve got just the role for you. Following some of our operations relocating from the Netherlands to the UK, we are currently looking for a Transport Planner to join our team.
Working 5 days per week, Mon - Sun, you will be planning deliveries across the UK. Liaising with customers, DFDS sites and delivery points, we’ll need you to build relationships quickly with our drivers and subcontractors. You’ll be working with a great small team who enjoy what they do so you’ll be well looked after to perform to your best. You’ll need to be determined, have a positive can-do attitude, with a good knowledge of Microsoft packages and a proficient IT skillset. Naturally excellent communication skills are a prerequisite, and this will help ensure you can maximise vehicle utilisation. We are always considering any recommendations for continuous improvement, you put forward. There’s lots of paperwork and administration to be completed so we’ll need you to lend a hand in ensuring this is correct and finalised.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!