Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Are you passionate about relationship building? Do you find yourself to be an excellent communicator? A new role in Peterborough is now available and it could be just the one for you!
Working any 5 from 7 days, with hours that are flexible - you will be expected to plan the route of over 60 vehicles to ensure they get to their destinations on time. You will work as a team to solve problems whilst carrying out root cause analysis and driving improvements. The successful candidate should have some knowledge of IT, as you will need to be able to develop an understanding of DFDS systems such as Velocity and Mandata. You should expect to be able to create a cost-effective plan that meets the needs of our business and customers, whilst ensuring compliance and regulations are adhered to. It is imperative you have great communication and customer service skills, to be successful in this role.
DFDS are looking for someone with some experience of vehicle route planning for day drivers, night drivers and night out drivers. You must have experience of using Microsoft packages such as Excel and Word. You should be self-motivated with an ability to deal with fast-changing environments and the ability to be flexible with working hours is a must. This role does include a small amount of overtime when the business requires. The right candidate for us will be looking for a work/life balance and striving to feel valued in their role.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental, and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…? DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!