Are you a great communicator? Do you have good Geographical knowledge? Passionate about planning routes and maximising loads? Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment surrounded by a supportive and bubbly team? We’ve got just the role for you…
Working Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 17:00 with weekends & Bank Holidays on a rota basis, you’ll be planning the day to day running of the vehicles and their deliveries all over the United Kingdom. Liaising with multiple customers and the delivery points we’ll need you to build relationships quickly with our drivers and subcontractors. This will help ensure you can maximise vehicle utilisation. It’s important that you have a good understanding of driver’s hours and regulations to ensure you excel in the role, as we’ll also need you to look at costings and communicate any issues. A current CPC is desirable.
We are looking for a hard-working individual to join our team, who has a willingness to progress, within an innovative company. A background in administration, with solid IT skills, are required, as there will be paperwork and general transport administration to be completed, as it is key you ensure this is accurate and finalised. If you think you have a can-do approach to all tasks and strive for continuous improvements to enhance our customer service & experience, then this is an opportunity for you!!! You’ll be working with a great team who enjoy what they do so you’ll be well looked after to perform to your best.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll become part of a great business who take our people development seriously. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental, and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing.
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!