Who are we… At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenge and opportunity for personal development. We also make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
The Role… This main focus of this role is to take responsibility for developing our Planning activities between UK and Europe, either via your own direct clients or by assisting our own core traffic departments. This is an exciting position and you will have the opportunity experience the operational side of logistics at one of Europe’s leading logistics companies. You will by working closely with both clients and international sub-contractors and be responsible for maximising growth within your function
- Customer liaison – dealing with quotations, bookings, general enquiries ensuring service levels are met
- Ensure all movements are completed to the customer’s satisfaction
- Develop and evaluate opportunities for Freight Management
- Dealing with all hauliers in respect of allocating work for delivery and collection
- Negotiate freight rates with subcontractors
- Identify potential subcontractors
- Support the DFDS UK and European network
- Proactive mindset
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, verbally and written
- Good drive and enthusiasm.
- A positive attitude towards health and safety.
- Competent in all Microsoft packages
- 2 years’ experience in the transport industry
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups and be part of a successful, forwarding thinking team. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you are interested in applying for the role, please submit your CV and application in English, CV’s will be evaluated on an ongoing basis.