Who are we… At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenge and opportunity for personal development. We also make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
The Role… This vacancy is within the DFDS Logistics Services team based out of our own truck depot in Killingholme. We work on behalf of our own international business and have close links with other DFDS sites across the UK and Europe. Be part of a high performing team who deliver great service to our customers in the most cost-effective solution possible as well as maximising the usage of all units. The hours of this role will be on a rotating basis from 07.00 – 16.00 and 09.00 – 18.00.
- Develop good relationships with drivers and other key stakeholders
- Extensive knowledge of operational processes and compliance surrounding trucks and drivers.
- Support other team members in problem solving, carrying out root cause analysis and driving improvements.
- Continually deliver towards KPI targets and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Good understand of day to day equipment for all trucks and drivers
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- On-call duties on a rota basis
- CPC (Desirable)
- Determined, competitive and can-do positive attitude
- Good IT skills covering Microsoft packages.
- Strong Knowledge on Drivers compliance
- Able to abide by all H&S regulations
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups and be part of a successful, forwarding thinking team. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.