Who are we… DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe, using 3000 trailers, 3000 containers, 750 swap bodies and 300 trucks to ensure excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The role… We are looking for a Transport Planner for 12 months Maternity cover. You will work as part of a small team and in line with DFDS and our customer KPI’s, to plan structured and cost-efficient delivery schedules. A high standard of customer service, attention to detail, accurate reporting and effective communication is essential. This role is to cover an 5 days out of 7.
Duties and Responsibilities…
- Plan structured collection and delivery schedules in line with DFDS key retail customer requirements
- Accurately populate and maintain ‘live planning’ information on in-house and customer systems
- Allocate trailers and drivers whilst considering cost, customer service and resource availability
- Manage subcontractors cost per mile and haulier non-compliance
- Regular tracking of vehicles
- Communicate effectively with drivers, customers and other key members of the team
- Vessel planning
- Support other planning areas when required as part of a cross-functional team environment
- Maintain and update customer pricing agreements
- Minimum of Grade C or above in GCSE or equivalent (English and Maths)
- Experience in dealing with customers / drivers / hauliers
- Extensive experience in transport planning
- Excellent IT skills especially in use of Microsoft Excel
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and meet deadlines & targets
- Awareness of vehicle safety legislation, EU driver hours and Working Time Regulations
- Experience in prioritising a personal workload
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you have a working knowledge of a similar environment within transport planning, please submit your CV and application in English as soon as possible, we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater