Do you have experience of managing a transport department and a team of drivers? Are you looking for a new challenge where you can really develop your skills as full rounded Transport Manager? We have the role for you!
Our site in Newcastle is looking for a Transport Manager to do exactly that, manage our transport on site. Currently there isn’t a transport office team on site, so you’ll have to be open to rolling up your sleeves and being involved in briefing and debriefing drivers, planning routes and pretty much running the transport department. It’s a fantastic role for you to showcase your skills and the diversity of the work involved in transport management and running a successful department.
Health & Safety is the highest priority for us at DFDS, as naturally, if we all work in a safe environment; we have our colleagues delivering the best service they can. This is why we will need you to deliver on these standards. We’ll also need you to have a strong knowledge of the working time directive and drivers’ hours and how we can link this with truck utilisation, maximising loads and developing our drivers. Having your International CPC is essential for the role.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!