Transport & Distribution Supervisor
Continually improving our service is something which we pride ourselves on and we’re doing just that at our site in Shetland. We’re changing up the way we work and with that we’re looking for a Transport and Distribution Supervisor to support our site with just that.
Working Monday to Friday, and Saturdays in a rotational rota, you’ll be helping to oversee and co-ordinate daily deliveries. You’ll be planning routes for our drivers to maximise efficiency and leading the team who support with this. Communication is paramount with this role as you’ll be liaising with delivery and collection points to minimise the impact of any changes to our service levels – this is a big deal for us as we pride ourselves on the service we offer. You’ll be briefing and de-briefing drivers and adopting the reporting process for any defects. You’ll also be on hand to coordinate driver holidays so it’s essential you can build and maintain a great rapport with all of our colleagues.
Now about what we can offer you. You’ll become part of a great business who take our people development seriously. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn. To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 7,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a new challenge and have a desire to work with one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!