Transport Administrator Nights
Who are we… At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenge and opportunity for personal development. We also make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
The Role… This vacancy is within the DFDS Logistics operation based out of Lowestoft working with the nights shift team. We work on behalf of a major Frozen food retailer with close links to other DFDS sites and contracts based through the UK. Be part of a high performing team who deliver great service to our customers in the most cost-effective solution possible. The role itself will be varied with a combination of administrative and operational tasks which differ from day to day.
- Support other team members in problem solving and communicate with the wider DFDS network.
- Build strong relationships with driver agencies ensuring we have a network of drivers that can service our customers’ needs.
- Pre-brief and de-brief drivers to ensure they understand their requirements for the day and that we act on any issues they find whilst on the job.
- Develop an understanding of DFDS IT systems such as Velocity and Mandata.
- Good IT skills covering Microsoft packages and ability to understand external systems such as Tachomaster.
- Communicate directly with our customers, listening to their needs and giving them great customer service.
- Be reactive to the needs of the business, flexing what the priorities are on any given day.
- Support in the resourcing our of driver plan to ensure delivery on time.
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
If you want to be part of a growing and forward-thinking business that puts its colleagues first, please apply today and join our team! We will evaluate applicants on an ongoing basis. We are an inclusive equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all. #WE MOVE FOR ALL TO GROW