Trailer Workshop Fitter
£31426.76 with enhancements paid for Bank Holidays
Do you have previous experience working on trailers? Able to hit the ground running? Team player? Flexible & adaptable way of working? We are currently searching for a Trailer Workshop Fitter to join our business at Immingham… Are you the ‘people person’ we are looking for?
Working days on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, with some overtime where requested, we require you to assist in the upkeep of the Trailer Workshop facility. Ensuring the working environment is clean and free form obstruction, whilst operating within DFDS Safe Working Practices & Procedures. Maintaining the safety of all employees, sub-contractors, and visitors alike, promoting a ‘Safety Starts with Me’ culture. There are various elements of the role that you will need to undertake, such as trailer repairs, shunting of units, and prepping vehicles for successful completion of MOT’s
Clear communication is paramount to guarantee a smooth handover between shifts and maintain excellent interaction with both our internal & external customers in a timely efficient manner. There is naturally a significant element of daily administration, ensuring all work is processed on the relevant systems. Plenty of variation to the role as you can see. Are you the person who will succeed in this role?? Please get in touch….
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental, and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…? DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!