An exciting opportunity has arisen as a Test Engineer. In this role, you will be a part of Production in the Supply chain department. You will have the opportunity to be a part of a our test department. You will work with colleagues who are passionate about developing, producing, and testing systems towards a more sustainable future.
The work consists of testing our robot system called “Jotun Hull Skater” and contribute in close cooperation with the HW and SW development teams on the same site. You will be responsible for testing of PCBA’s, modules, sub systems and systems. With your expertise you will act as a mentor for your colleges in production and R&D.
- Analyse the available test results
- Contribute to define the test strategy
- Design and implement innovative test equipment and test procedures to support the strategy
- Define and maintain test environments
- Execute tests and report results
- Participate in class certification
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor or Master in Electronic Engineering or similar
- 5+ years of experience from system and/or module testing
- Excellent communication skills in Norwegian and English both written and oral
- Experience in project management
- Experience in reporting and processing nonconformities
- Excellent cooperating skills and positive attitude
- HW design of test equipment
- Experience preferred in AX and MS Office. Our testing SW utilize Ubuntu, Robot framework and Python, but not LabVIEW/LabWindows
- Experience in fault finding and reporting findings in a structured and detailed format
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- comply to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with suggestions for improvements and solutions
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and best practices within test methodology
- write test procedures and documentation
- communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way in writing and verbally
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- An inspiring and safe work environment
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- To take part in The Green Shift for the ocean space
Point of contact
- Manager of Production and Deliveries, Per Kristian Aas, +47 995 12 461
- Senior Test Engineer, Stein Egil Davidsen, +47 452 38 754
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace.
Our Sensors and Robotics division develops and delivers world class connected sensors and smart robotics for Marine, Research and Naval applications. The division has the responsibility for KM's leading offering of Underwater Mapping systems, Underwater Positioning, Marine Robotics, Fishery and Naval Sensors, Precision Positioning and Sensing Solutions.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
More about “Jotun Hull Skater”: Jotun Hull Skating Solutions - Kongsberg Maritime