Test Architect for Embedded system
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace.
A unique opportunity has arisen as Test Architect for Embedded system. In this role you will be part of the test team working in a very exciting development project of our new real time platform. You will be in charge to define and form our test strategies and test frameworks for the years to come. We always strive for improving the way we work.
You will be a part of the Division Integrated Solutions who is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Since the development of the first Dynamic Positioning system in the 1970's, Kongsberg Maritime has always been in the forefront of developing leading Automation and Bridge Systems, and the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for maintaining and further developing that substantial legacy.
The perfect candidate is a technology enthusiast with a genuine interest for testing and with a passion for designing innovative solutions that solve complex problems. You also strive for knowledge sharing and teamwork.
- In charge of defining the test strategy in development projects
- Design innovative architecture of the test system
- Design and contribute to implement the test framework
- Perform technical risk analysis
- Support the test manager in test planning
- Monitor trends in the industry for new technologies
- Act as a technical mentor
Qualifications and experience
- Technical Bachelor- or Master degree
- Good knowledge in Python programming language, network and the OSI layers
- Knowledge of communication protocols (e.g. Profibus, Modbus), as well as analog and digital electronic principles
- Experience with embedded systems or process control systems is a plus
- Experience with test automation and HIL testing is a plus
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
- be aware of own strengths and limitations and pursues learning and career development opportunities
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Kongsberg Maritime locations, preferably Kongsberg
This position may require a security clearance.
Application deadline is 15.8, but candidates will be continuously evaluated. Please apply as soon as possible.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication