Terminal Workshop Fitter
DFDS Seaways are based on the Port of Immingham, which is the UK’s largest port by tonnage, handling around 46 million tonnes of cargo every year, currently operating on a site which spans 177-acres. To put that into perspective that is the same size as Disney Land, Paris!!! It consists of 2470 trailer bays, 3000 automotive bays and facilitates the handling of 35 vessel sailings every week!! There are over 100 pieces of Terminal equipment including the largest mobile crane within Immingham. DFDS also operate 80,000sqm of warehousing capacity across 9 warehouses, storing the multitude of products that are shipped into Immingham.
We are currently recruiting for a Terminal Workshop Fitter for DFDS Immingham Workshops based on the Immingham Terminal. The role is to be part of the Terminal Workshop team repairing and maintaining all our Port Equipment to a safe, reliable, and cost-effective standard in accordance with company policy. Ensuring that Legal and Manufacturers maintenance guidance is adhered to whilst working safely and contributing to a safe working environment for all. The position will report to the Terminal Workshop Manager
As part of your role, you will be required to be a good communicator using shift reports and maintaining good communications with both internal customers and within the Engineering department, have a robust knowledge of engines and power systems, hydraulic systems, braking systems and auto electrical systems. Be able to create & complete electronic job cards including book out of parts. Carryout breakdown repairs on third party customer equipment
Comply with all aspects of ISPS security controls according to Department for Transport (Maritime Security Compliance) legislation
To be successful in this role hydraulic experience is essential and you will ideally hold an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent with a Mechanical bias, although proven fitter experience on the below machinery will be considered.
- Terminal tractors
- HGV Tractor units & trailers
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network. We have just been added to the CILT top 30 Logistics Providers List!
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!