Technical Sales Manager – Shallow Water Mapping, Americas Region
Kongsberg Discovery is proud to support the hydrographic community with a range of survey products and services. We are looking for a specialist to join our growing sales team in the Americas!
The Technical Sales Manager for shallow water mapping will be a focal point for customers across the survey industry in the Americas. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing our shallow water survey customer base, across the commercial, academic and scientific segments. Our core focus is on delivering performance and class leading customer success and satisfaction.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Technical Sales Manager will collaborate closely with the other members of the Americas Sales team to secure new sales for shallow water mapping systems. Key market segments include:
- High resolution geophysical survey
- Renewable offshore energy
- Data collection via uncrewed platforms
- Multibeam backscatter (bottom detect & water column backscatter) and multifrequency survey
- Applied science/research - resource management & monitoring
- Habitat mapping
Key responsibilities include:
- Work effectively as a member of a team
- Generate leads and opportunities; close sales
- Conduct project handovers to delivery team
- Contribute to the sales and marketing strategy in the region
- Provide market intelligence to both the sales team and product managers
- Collaborate proactively with Customer Service team
- Prepare and present technical sessions at industry events
- Support product sales through dealers and OEM customers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of one year of technical sales experience
- In addition, one or more years of technical experience in Engineering, Survey, Maritime, or Marine technology
- Technical Certification or Degree Program as a surveyor or marine technologist, or equivalent work experience garnered in marine survey or a related field
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to handle simultaneous activities and customer demands
- Able to work as part of a team but also on your own
- Familiarity with MS Office product suite
- Familiarity with CRM systems
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 50%)
Ideally local to one of Kongsberg Discovery’s offices in the region, either at Lynnwood (WA), Dartmouth, (NS, Canada) or at our satellite office at the University of New Hampshire. Other locations and remote working may be considered for the right candidate.
Kongsberg Discovery, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea, and naval. Headquartered in Horten, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities internationally. Kongsberg Discovery is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, and navigation. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation both on and under the sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology, and dedication
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Fully subsidized health & welfare benefits
- Fully subsidized dental and vision coverage
- Up to 5% employer match program
- Flexibility with Paid Time Off
- Career growth opportunities
- Safe and collaborative culture
KONGSBERG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.