Technical Product Manager
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace
KM Integrated Solutions (KM ISOL) division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems, Electro as well as a significant portfolio of digital products and solutions.
Digitalization is set to transform the maritime industry on a global scale. Do you want to be part of KM’s transformation within the field by taking lead in actively creating value for our customers? Do you seek to understand how to create the systems providing insight and recommended action to solve some of the greater challenges of the industry such as vessel efficiency and safe vessel operation? Are you curious on fleet and vessel operation for the future, and willing to challenge how we get there?
We are now looking for a Technical Product Manager to govern and drive forward digital products. The Technical Product Manager will report to Product Director Digital Applications. This position will work in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders in KM and as well externally to ensure that the Applications, Products and Solutions is closely aligned with real customers’ demands.
- Own the responsibility of the product portfolio of fuel and energy management systems from the Ship Intelligence group
- Build a string future portfolio by combining current products through product harmonization
- Drive our digital product development by challenging the present, seeking new knowledge, new technology and new working methods
- Be the prime contact for stakeholders across the organization for holistic strategic and technical portfolio planning
- Plan and prioritise deliverables together with Product Director and Product Advisors
- Manage and co-ordinate teams of Product Advisors to ensure effective product development and support
- Support Sales & Marketing in assessing, capturing and addressing customers’ requirements
Qualifications and experience
We are looking for a driven, curious team player.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Automation or equivalent related field
- Doman specific knowledge to the martitime sector in a strong advantage
- Knowledge of KM and competitor portfolio for fuel and energy management systems in an advantage
- Experience within agile product management
- Experience from stakeholder management when dealing with technical solutions
- Fluency in English, both verbal and in writing
Who are you?
You like to continuously renew your knowledge, solve problems and are not afraid to dive into details. The right candidate for the job is also a person who:
- Co-operate well with others, share and gain knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
- Ability to navigate the holistic view to seek the best solution for KM
- Stay in the forefront of the development and knowledge within your field, and actively seek new implementation of your knowledge
- Act on your own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- Have the ability to see opportunities for business or improvements and act upon them
- Have the ability to motivate project teams
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a competitive pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication