Interested in working on software and technologies that should run just as well in cloud as on ships, and with all the technical challenges that follow. We seek a developer to join our Sensing Solutions R&D team. We deliver instrumentation, advanced sensors, systems, and services to a variety of maritime applications.
You will be working as a technical lead for our teams, and partly as a developer using C# and .NET Core for back-end and Angular with Typescript for front-end. You will be using tools such as Docker during our daily work and deploy and test our software continuously using Azure DevOps and Webdriver. We do not expect that you have experience with all our tools, only that you are interested in learning and building great software that our users can rely on.
We have autonomous teams working on different products, making own technical decisions. The teams meet daily for stand-ups and coordination of the work. We program both alone and together in pairs so that we can learn from each other. We also have a very strong collaboration with Kongsberg Digital(KDI) and use their Kognifai Digital Platform. As a technical lead you will cooperate with technical lead and software developers in KDI.
Our department is located at Grilstad, Trondheim, where we design and develop state of the art applications and cloud solutions for the maritime industry and high-end sensor systems for demanding environments. We have an experienced team within hardware and software development, engineering, analysis and mechanical construction.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Technical Lead for our software teams
- Architectural decisions for our own products
- Guiding your colleagues to develop high-quality working software
- Exploring and implementing new technologies and methods
- Front- and back-end design and development
- Working together with product owners to prototype new functionality
- Continuously improve how we work together as teams
- Technical coordination and collaboration with our software cloud teams in Kongsberg Digital AS (Kognifai Digital Platform)
Education and skills
- Experience in a similar role would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of Angular and .NET Core
- We work with Azure DevOps and Docker, experience in this would be an advantage
- Knowledge about machine learning and artificial intelligence is appreciated and will become a focus area for our business going forward
- Relevant technical university degree, e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, ICT or other degrees that includes programming. Relevant experience may compensate for a formal degree.
- Good English and Norwegian. Our everyday language is Norwegian, but as a part of an international company, with global customers, we write, read and speak English on a daily basis.
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented, sees opportunities instead of limitations, motivating and guiding others
- Passion for programming and development of new technology
- Enjoy working closely with others in a team
- You show initiative to make things happen
- Your communication is clear and effective
What we can offer
- You will be an important contributor to state of the art technology and products
- High degree of flexibility and responsibility
- Highly qualified colleagues who are willing to share their knowledge and experience
- Opportunities in a well-known international company
- Competitive benefits and compensation
Information about our products in Sensing Solution at Grilstad
Tank management products: https://www.kongsberg.com/no/maritime/products/tank-gauging-and-measurment-systems/
Condition monitoring and machinery products: https://www.kongsberg.com/maritime/products/engines-engine-room-and-automation-systems/condition-monitoring/
Point of contact
Siri Holm Sundgot, +4790987064
Kongsberg Maritime is a world leader in marine technology. With an extensive portfolio of innovative and integrated products and solutions, Kongsberg Maritime delivers efficiency, reliability, flexibility, and environmental sustainability to enhance the business of its customers. Our approach to product design maximizes performance by providing THE FULL PICTURE.
Our Automation & Control division develops technology, products, and solutions applicable for maritime vessels, offshore production units, and fisheries & aquaculture. We look at the ocean space as our operating area where we deliver a wide range of products and services. Our deliveries ranges from single products to fully integrated systems and solutions. Automation & Control serve a wide range of market segments. Through our comprehensive portfolio of offerings Automation & Control has been recognized as a world leader in our core markets for the last decades.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
Team Lead Project Planner
Design Engineer, Control Systems
Service Engineer A&C (m / f / x) - Netherlands
Test Development Engineer - Electronics