Team Leader Transport Planning
DFDS Logistics Ghent is looking for a Team Leader Transport Planning, with a high focus on our port activities. In Ghent we provide added value services to our clients through just-in-sequence setups, line haul and multimodal door-2-door setups, warehouse and X-dock related logistic solutions. As a Team Leader you work for, with and in a cross-functional planning team. You are a metronome, and a catalyst, propelling your team forward. Together with the planning team members you tackle issues, learn and exchange experiences to up the team knowledge and make the team self-transcendent. On a daily base the planning is steering a group of around 50 drivers, from which the majority is own DFDS drivers. The drivers are carrying out transport services for our clients from dusk till dawn and sometimes also in the weekend. The planning is monitoring and guiding the logistic flow in shifts, this throughout the largest part of the day.
Who are we?
At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenge and opportunity for personal development. We also make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
The Role: Build up and maintain a good commercial relationship with our customers. Ensure the day to day operations in the Customer Service department are handled efficiently and accurately. The role is to perform all operational and administrative tasks in our business related to transport. This with a commercial spirit and in a timely, efficiently and cost minded way.
- Follow up and assistance in the planning process. This within an operational, administrative, and commercial perspective.
- Point of contact and coordination for drivers, hauliers, customers, customer service, warehouse, and other stakeholders.
- Motivate, support, and guide the team, to increase individual independence and making the backbone of the team stronger. Developing a good understanding between the planning and the drivers is key.
- Keeping focus on the internal and external Key Performance Indicators. Optimize, develop, and adjust operational processes if needed to meet the requested expectations.
- Monitoring and maintaining high standards of performance and quality service, while using equipment and resources in an optimal and cost-efficient way.
- Experience in dealing with customers and drivers, commercial awareness
- Ambitious, motivated and always up for a good challenge
- Problem solving mind-set
- Some background and knowledge in logistics
- Flexible approach to the working hours to cover the role
- Excellent communication skills. Dutch and English (French is a plus), both written and oral
- Good knowledge of the office software packages (Excel/Word/Outlook/MPP)
What we do for you?
We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups and be part of a successful, forwarding thinking team. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please submit your CV and application by sending an email to the recruitment team at Jobs.Belgie@dfds.com and CV’s will be evaluated on an ongoing basis.