Team Lead, Retail Technology
Do you want to be part of creating a modern, personal, and engaging digital retail experience for DFDS passengers?
Then this is a unique opportunity to work with a broad and international workforce where work is not just behind a desk, but also servicing passengers in ports across Europe and providing high quality hospitality services onboard a vessel.
Are you experienced within retail technology and ready to take the digital retail experience in DFDS to the next level, then we need you to lead our team of specialists on this essential journey!
Your stakeholders are across DFDS from front-line colleagues to senior leadership, and you will be collaborating broadly but with a focus on retail applications. You will be a key player in ensuring a reliable, coherent and modern digital retail experience, and in making life easier for our colleagues utilizing retail technology to serve DFDS passengers.
About the role
Be part of the movement and play a part setting the Direction for Retail Applications in DFDS
In this role, you will be responsible for setting the technology direction and vision for the retail applications in DFDS, more specifically the LS Retail application, which is utilized across the fleet in restaurants, bars, and duty-free shops. Your team consists of specialists in this application and key surrounding services such as payment terminals and receipt printers. You will report to the Tribe Lead of Passenger and be part of the leadership team in the Passenger Tribe.
More specifically your main responsibilities include:
- Working with your colleagues in the Passenger Tribe and stakeholders across the organization to ensure efficient operations and application reliability
- Build the team and ensure continued high motivation and engagement
- Exploring continued operational excellence and automation opportunities
- Stay informed on best practice and trends within your domain
- Application management for LS Retail
- Working with vendors to ensure right fit, efficiency, and operational stability
We think the strongest teams are built on diversity and inclusivity. Contrasting opinions, varied skills and strong characters bring out the best in us all. With this in mind, we believe that the ideal person for this position will have the following qualifications:
- Your communication style leaves Stakeholders go away from your meetings with a clear understanding of progress, impact, and how they contribute to the overall success
- You can drive an agile way of working both in your team and with your stakeholders
- You clearly map and communicate benefits and risks regarding your areas in DFDS
- You can communicate with all levels of business clearly and credibly, building trust with your target audiences
We are looking for a structured leader that can rally the team and major stakeholders behind a clear direction for the retail applications. You have a background in IT Operations working with retail and a desire to work in a large international organization.
As the tasks often involve many different colleagues you also need to have strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
- We imagine that you have a few years of experience in driving applications management initiatives or similar in large organizations
- You have experience with the retail domain
- You have experience working with agile methodology and in an agile setup
- You are known for your strong interpersonal skills
- You default to a collaborative mindset
- Experience as a people leader is preferred
- You are fluent in English as DFDS is an international company
We will make sure you land well in your manager role with dedicated training about what it means to be a leader in DFDS and guidance from your manager. Business travel is to be expected.
You will be part of Technology & Innovation, one of DFDS’ five divisions with over 350 people in three European hubs. This is proof of our belief in a digital future.
Are we a match? Then what are you waiting for? Apply Now.
If you think your personality, skills, experience and ambition match this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Send your resume as soon as possible as we’re keen to meet potential candidates on an ongoing basis.
Is there something you need to know, we haven’t covered here, please do not hesitate to reach out to Tribe Lead, Thomas Denager at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.