Sustainability advisor (FTC)
Energi- og vannforsyning
We are looking for an advisor for 12 months in order to develop European Wind and Solar’s sustainability approach. The role will be split circa 50/50 between the offshore wind team and the Public Affairs team. There is considerable activity in the sustainability arena within E and excellent innovation taking place at the project level and a key part of this role will be to network and share best practice from inside and outside the organisation.
The Advisor will report to the VP of Public Affairs in European Wind and Solar (E). And will work closely with the Asset Owner for Offshore Wind, the HSSE team in E, and the Corporate Sustainability team.
Statkraft and its JV partners will be submitting a competitive bid in the autumn of 2023 to develop offshore wind as part of Norway’s embryonic move into the sector. Sustainability will be a key part of the JV’s competitive positioning. Together with our partners we will be preparing a strategy and approach to sustainability for the project and the sustainability advisor will be a key part of this team.
As part of this role you will:
- Be part of the JV team developing the JV’s sustainability strategy as part of our bid
- Learn how SK is approaching sustainability in other projects/countries and draw upon what’s relevant
- Understand how other companies and countries have approached this with a view to developing relevant insight
- Track relevant EU developments that would affect the strategy
- Contribute to the development of the strategy and its articulation
- Co-ordinate with colleagues in European Wind and Solar, Corporate, and our JV partners.
European Wind and Solar (E)
E is looking to improve its overall co-ordination on sustainability matters and to improve awareness of its position as a responsible developer. Over the next six to nine months we want to formulate our ambition and put the necessary processes and resources in place. In the meantime, we also want to start implementing quick wins and necessary improvements.
Examples tasks in this role:
- Help to implement the actions arising from the Sustainability strategy
- Support the design of ‘sustainability sprints’ for a selection of our wind and solar projects in development
- Act as a coordinator to share information between E and Corporate and potentially participate in Corporate projects
- Identify ways to share best practice between teams and countries and other parts of SK
- Suggest content and stories for the Comms team to disseminate internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree
- International experience
Practical experience and competence:
- A broad understanding of sustainability: governance, climate, a just transition, environment and biodiversity, reporting and transparency, etc.
- An understanding of various sustainability frameworks and requirements (eg, UNGPs, OECD guidelines)
- Research skills and the ability to turn research into insight
- Good organisational and logistical skills
- An ability to juggle different priorities and manage your time effectively
- Sound judgement, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, presentation, influencing and relationship building skills
- Change management experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and Norwegian
- Good business understanding
- Customer focus/service oriented
- Curious and a fast learner
- A good networker
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to build trust.
- Ability to take initiative, finish in time and deliver good quality.
- Resilience and the ability to work under pressure
Fluent English and Norwegian.