Supply Chain and Procurement Manager – Elkem Advanced Battery Materials
Elkem ASA is developing a new business entity defined as Elkem Advanced Battery Materials AS and is seeking a Supply Chain manager to join this exciting entrepreneurial venture! The successful candidate will be motivated by a fast-paced environment and will be a key player in the organization building an effective supply chain management system and network of suppliers that can serve the unit’s needs.
The purpose of this position is to lead, develop, direct and optimize the effectiveness of the supply to delivery process. The role is responsible for supply chain and purchasing functions. A key aspect of the position is to build highly effective systems as we seek to make our mark in the rapidly growing battery industry. Building a robust network of raw materials and high-quality equipment vendors is key to our success.
A high degree of interpersonal contact, internally and externally, as well as planning, analysis and proactive contact with both strategic raw material suppliers and equipment vendors is required. The position requires international travelling.
Most important areas of responsibility:
- Build up and lead supply chain and purchasing function
- Develop streamlined supply chain processes
- Develop qualified suppliers list and agreements
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers and vendors to ensure competitive deals
- Manage legal aspects of the supply chain organization (with assistance from Legal, when necessary, including supplier and subcontractor contracts)
- Monitor logistics to make sure the processes are optimal and run smoothly
- Collaborate with other functions/departments to create coordinated plans for business growth
- Analyze and report supply chain data and performance
- Support service package quoting and planning for customer deployments
- Ensure information flow on ongoing and planned projects
- Proactively follow up with suppliers and partners on processes, pricing, and deployment models
- Support financial control processes
- Supervise and train the employees
Qualifications required for the position:
- Master’s degree preferred (i.e. Supply Chain, Business Administration, Finance) or equivalent related experience
- Minimum 5-7 years supply chain or related experience in manufacturing or operations
- Previous experience as a supply chain manager or in a similar field
- Proven analytical, financial and project management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of US DOT, IATA regulations, and terms of international trade (e.g. Incoterms)
- Enjoy working in a high pace environment and be able to deliver high quality work within a tight time schedule
- Self-driven and a good team player
- Fluent in English and Norwegian (preferably)
The position reports to General Manager, Europe, and is located in Oslo or Kristiansand. The employee must expect traveling and to stay in other locations in periods.
Elkem may conduct a background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Relevant candidates will be informed of this.
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater