Structured Portfolio Manager – Portfolio Management Southern Europe (Trading & Origination) (m/f/d)
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
Working in Trading & Origination
As part of the Trading & Origination Department, the Southern European Origination team manages a portfolio of short- and long-term third-party contracts in Spain, France and Italy, typically standardized route-to-market services for renewable energy, tailor-made Power Purchase Agreements (PPA), and long-term sales contracts to large end customers. The plan is to foster the leading position as PPA and route-to-market services provider and further grow the portfolio, expanding activities on both a product and regional level. The team’s responsibilities are split between Origination and Portfolio Management and include the origination, sales, structuring, pricing and portfolio management of all non-standard power contracts in the aforementioned countries, with team members located in in Düsseldorf, Lyon, Paris, Milan and Madrid.
For the Portfolio Management team based in Düsseldorf, we are looking to strengthen our structuring and portfolio management support specifically for Italian and French origination activities.
As a Structured Portfolio Manager, you’ll act as the main sparring partner to the originators on deal structuring, pricing and portfolio strategy, and manage the portfolios to maximise risk-adjusted PnL.
- Main responsibilities are pricing, market analysis, and the active management and optimisation of the Italian and French structured origination portfolios
- Closely liaise with the originators on deal structuring, portfolio strategy, product development and market regulatory know-how
- Continually develop and evolve pricing tools to ensure they reflect the best market and forecast information available to us, as well as accurately reflect the risks to be considered
- Develop both quantitative and fundamental view of each market (including risks related to managing an intermittent renewable portfolio) along the entire curve, and share know-how and market views within the team
- Work closely with the analysts on the team on calibrating and further developing stochastic and fundamental models
- Liaise with middle office on PnL and risk reporting
- Work with internal intraday trading team to optimise value capture in short-term markets
- Deal with day-to-day administrative issues related to the portfolio
- At least 5 years’ experience managing energy derivative portfolios
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills; strong know-how in the pricing of structured, non-standard contracts, in particular exotic optionality, intermittent renewables and flexibility
- A good understanding of the supply & demand fundamentals of the Italian and French power markets
- Pragmatic thinker with a commercial mindset
- Good team player with convincing communication and negotiation skills
- Fluency in English is necessary, Italian is also preferred, French would be advantageous
- Some willingness to travel
What we offer
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave and work life balance principles (local specific)
- Monetary childcare subsidy to support you and your family (local specific)
- A focus on fun outside of work, supported by various activity groups such as soccer, yoga, sailing, climbing, boxing, cabin rentals, and much more (local specific)
- The chance to enjoy a break and change of scenery in one of our amazing Statkraft cabins across the country (Norway only)
- German language courses for non-native speakers (Germany only)
- Being part of a company proudly certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ (Germany only).
Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.
Head of Origination France and Italy – Origination Southwest Europe (m/f/d)
Head of Portfolio Management – Origination Southwest Europe (m/f/d)
Senior PPA and Power Portfolio Manager
Intern / Working Student - Origination, Central Europe
Senior Market Risk Analyst US