Specialist Back Office Origination Europe (m/f/d)
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
Working in Back Office:
The Back Office Europe & US is the process engine for all commercial transactions. We are responsible for validation of the transactions, clearing and collaterals, contract settlements, billing, accruing, revenue accounting operations and EU regulatory reporting for all trading and most origination transaction across Europe. In a quick and changing environment we are building the bridge between our commercial departments and Finance units.
You will be part of the multi-national Back-Office team in Statkraft, which currently consists out of around 50 colleagues based in Düsseldorf, Amsterdam, Oslo and Tirana.
As a Specialist Back-Office, you will be a key contact for our business in Düsseldorf for different originations portfolios in Europe and U.S. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Establishing and applying a good understanding of the components of a trade deal and the implications for billing, Pn&L analysis, SAP booking and tax treatments
- Contribute to smooth and accurate daily operations in our team as well as support in month end activities
- Responsible for trade validation, settlement different products, portfolios and counterparts.
- Approve and control incoming and outgoing documents: approval, posting and preparation of payment.
- Communicate with internal and external customers about all matters regarding operationalization of commercial contracts .
- Bring in your own improvement ideas to increase efficiency and quality of established processes Implement improvement and quality assurance of processes and systems.
- Close co-operation with Front Office, Middle Office and other units in the Finance Department across Europe.
We are looking for a Back Office Specialist to support our operations with the essential skills to future-proof our business and renewable energy solutions. These skills include:
- Knowledge how to keep and develop a good collaboration with internal and external customers about all matters regarding operationalization of commercial contracts
- Eagerness to learn about the energy business and related back office processes
Experiences in these areas are also useful in your role:
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or similar educational background
- Ideally 1-2 years of experience in contract operations, or accounting tasks in energy related companies.
- Profound IT Skills, especially knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office 365 or any other skills to manage complex and multiple data sets are an advantage.
- Precise, accurate and systematic working style.
- Strong command of English, German is a plus.
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave and work life balance principles
- Monetary childcare subsidy to support you and your family
- A focus on fun outside of work, supported by various activity groups such as soccer, yoga, sailing, climbing, boxing, cabin rentals, and much more
- Being part of a company proudly certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.
Specialist Back Office Exchange & Collateral Management (m/f/d)
Specialist Back Office Revenue Accounting (m/f/d)
Contract Operations Analyst (m/f/d) in Contract Operations
Contract Operations Analyst (m/f/d) in Contract Settlement & Market Communication
Implementation Manager (m/f/d)