£35,000 - £45,000
Do you want to be part of a dynamic, international company that is paving the way towards the best ferry and road transport services in Europe?
If you are a solutions-driven person who enjoys using cutting edge technologies when solving problems, then join DFDS and become part of our digital journey.
Working Monday to Friday, you will become part of the Ferry and Terminal Tribe in the Technology & Innovation Division. You will work in a cross functional agile team, and in close collaboration with other teams and our colleagues across the tribe. You will use your professional skills to design, build and run the best possible customer-centric and market-differentiating terminals services. We expect you and your team to take responsibility for a continuous modernization of the platform while still supporting the day-to-day operation.
Our reference architecture is event driven, API first components running in the cloud which, among other things, enable us to release code many times a day. Going forward You will be a key player in building new components and change existing solutions towards the reference architecture.
We expect you to hold a relevant educational background within Computer Science or similar, and to have solid experience developing applications using C# and .NET.
Knowledge and practical experience with all the following technologies is an advantage, but not a requirement:
- .NET and .NET CORE
- AWS, Azure DevOps and Git
- Microservices, DDD and Event Driven Architecture
- Docker and Kubernetes
- REST API’s
- Relational databases such as Microsoft SQL and PostgreSQL
- Non-relational databases such as DynamoDB
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network. We have just been added to the CILT top 30 Logistics Providers List!
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!