Software Architect (KM 21-052)
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Integrated Solutions Division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Since the development of the first Dynamic Positioning system in the 1970's, Kongsberg Maritime has always been in the forefront of developing leading Automation and Bridge Systems, and the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for maintaining and further developing that substantial legacy.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Software Architect, reporting to Systems Engineering Architect department manager. In this role, you will be a part of an architect team that consist of Systems Architect, Software and Hardware Architects that are delivering architectural solution to the technology development part of the business.
As a Software Architect, you will:
- Design and realization of core components of the new architecture
- Establish technical vision with development team and turn it into reality.
- Implement and enforce engineering best practices using modern standards and patterns.
- Provide thought leadership to the team around new approaches, workflows and technologies.
- Identify Architectural cost and risk drivers.
- Collaborate in cross-functional and globally distributed teams of architects, developers, and product owners.
- Align with Systems Architects, Product Owners, Project Managers, Domain Architects, Developers and Managers
- Develop prototypes for internal review, brainstorming & feasibility studies.
- Keep current with trends and technological innovations for use within the architecture and platform.
- Ensure that projects follow the prescribed development life cycle and meet quality standards.
Qualifications and experience
- Senior programming skills in one or more languages (eg. C++/C#/Java)
- Knowledge of software production methods and technologies
- Experience with SW architecture from multiple projects
- Experienced with using modeling languages like UML
- Ability to participate in all levels from system/software design to implementation
- Knowledge of data communication and networks
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way and lift the people around you.
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities
- Make an impact, convince and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
We encourage female applicants to send an application.
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
- Legg ut alle dine ledige jobber
- Bestill annonsering i alle kanaler
- Motta søknader ett sted
- Profesjonell søknadshåndtering
- Jobbmatch - 100.000+ kandidater
- Integrasjoner med HR og fag-systemer