Site Reliability Engineer
title: Site Reliability Engineer
team: Cloud Engineering
- Build, maintain and extend Kubernetes clusters
- Deploy cloud Infrastructure as code
- Remove toil and automate processes
- Implement governance and cost management
- Handle cloud infrastructure life-cycle management
- Outreach in the form of written guides, workshops or blog posts
- Shell and Powershell scripting
In DFDS we are investing heavily in digital technologies for creating a fantastic customer experience. As we are paving the way towards the best ferry and road transport services in Europe, our customer experience calls for the best possible solutions and creativity. Therefore, we are now looking for another Site Reliability Engineer to join our Technology and Innovation Department.
Your new team
Your future colleagues include four other SRE’s and two Cloud Developers. Two of your colleagues are based in the UK and the rest in our headquarter in Copenhagen, Nordhavn, where this position is also placed. You will report to our Cloud Chapter Lead.
Over the last few years, we have built a development platform based on AWS, Kubernetes and Kafka. Authentication and SSO through AzureAD. The platform runs several DFDS mission critical systems in production.
On top of this, we have built a self-service platform, which aims to make life easier, and reduce time to market, for DFDS’s 100+ developers.
To get the picture, here are some stats from 2019:
- 99.94% production environment availability
- Handles 3+ m/day API calls
- ”Cattle instead of pets”
- Redundant infrastructure recycled bi-weekly
- Takes ~15 minutes to rebuild compute platform in case of total loss of nodes
We strive for reliability and focus heavily on automation and infrastructure-as-code. We value and practice transparency through public postmortems (github.com/dfds/postmortems), GitHub repos (github.com/dfds) and status page (dfdsit.statuspage.io).
What do we expect from you as our new SRE?
You have a relevant educational background and/or min. 3 years of relevant experience. It is also important to us that you:
Have recent practical experience with at least two of the following:
- Kubernetes (maybe you even have a certification in it)
- A major cloud provider (we use AWS)
- Infrastructure-as-Code (we use Terraform)
- Are eager to share knowledge, and that you are comfortable working in the space between Dev and Ops
Furthermore, experience with any of the following would be considered as a plus:
- System or Network administrator role
- Kafka event streaming
- Serverless computing
As English is our corporate language, we also expect you to be fluent in oral and written English.
Psst, we are agile... Are you?
As already spoiled in the heading, we are working agile in T&I. As the agile principles are very defining for our culture and way of working, you need to either have experience with working agile or at least to have the interest in following the principles and the Scrum/Kanban methodology.
About DFDS and our T&I Department
As a key part of our strategy, DFDS’ Technology & Innovation teams are instrumental in providing efficient ferry and road transport services in Europe. DFDS employs 8,000 people ashore and at sea throughout Europe and the Mediterranean region, including approximately 300 highly dedicated Digital and IT experts.
To learn more about what our colleagues have to say about working in DFDS, and our technological journey, look at www.dfds.com/en/about/jobs/vacancies/it.
Are we a match? Apply now!
If you want to look back on your career and know you were a vital part of building a great company, this role is for you. Submit your CV and cover letter as soon as possible as we are going through the applications on an ongoing basis.
You are more than welcome to include references to public profiles on GitHub, Stack Overflow or similar, that you would like us to consider.
If you are left with any questions for the position, please send a mail to Rasmus Rask, Cloud Chapter Lead/Site Reliability Engineer, at email@example.com.
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater