Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Short-term Energy Manager & Cross Border Trader (m/f/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
You will be part of the Continental Asset Optimization & Cross Border Team that is active in the majority of the European markets on the continent. The team’s main responsibility is the short-term optimization of Statkraft’s own power plants on the continent and speculative trading with short-term cross border capacities between uncoupled markets on the European continent.
In your work you will
- Optimize the power production from Statkraft's own assets in Germany, Turkey and Albania as well as the production of Statkraft's customers in different European countries with bidding on the national spot exchanges in the different markets as well as offering balancing services to the different TSOs.
- Identify and execute profitable electricity trading strategies across national borders via cross border trading by arbitraging on price differences.
- Drive our business by constantly improving existing tools and creating new approaches,
- Improve the price forecast for the different markets the team is active on
- Take part in shift duties on weekends.
- Relevant experience in an energy trading environment, ideally from a front-office role in the European power sector
- Strong knowledge on mathematics or statistics with advanced programming skills in Python and VBA and advanced Excel skills
- You can quickly understand and process information as well as adapt quickly to new situations
- Strong commercial thinking and very good analytical skills
- Ability to solve operational problems by acting proactive and result-orientated
- Fluent in English, good command of German or other (especially Eastern European) languages are welcome
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave and work life balance principles
- Monetary childcare subsidy to support you and your family
- A focus on fun outside of work, supported by various activity groups such as soccer, yoga, sailing, climbing, boxing, cabin rentals, and much more
- Being part of a company proudly certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form. Applications in German language are also welcome.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.