Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Team Leader - Trailer Workshop
DFDS Seaways are amongst the largest RO/RO Shipping & Terminal Operators in Europe. In Felixstowe we service 3 DFDS vessel arrivals & departures every day, moving more than 265,000 units every year. We are currently seeking a Team Leader to join our team, reporting to the Trailer Workshop Supervisor, to be responsible for leading the shift, whilst ensuring the efficient running of the facility, keeping the working environment clean & free from obstructions.
Working 8-hour shifts, with a flexible & adaptable way of working you will be carrying out repair & maintenance tasks on trailers, ‘B’ services & MOT preparations, diagnostic checks using a laptop, along with the monitoring & refuelling of reefer units, including shunting trailers to & from the quay. Maximising current revenue streams generated by the team via the various elements they undertake, as well as identifying new opportunities for the business. We require you to assist in the upkeep of the Trailer Workshop stores completing the relevant documentation associated with this and other tasks, such as warehouse cargo handling and restowing of cargo as and when required.
Leading by example, you will need to uphold the safety of all employees, and visitors alike, promoting a strong Health & Safety culture, whilst operating within DFDS Safe Working Practices & Procedures. Keeping up to date with all departmental procedures and communicating these to the team to safeguard compliance, logging & reporting any near misses or incidents which may occur. Clear communication and transparency are essential, combined with strong inter-personal skills to maintain excellent interaction with both our staff & our internal & external customers, in a timely efficient manner. Every day is different so if you like the sound of this role, we look forward to hearing from you…
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental, and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…? DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!