Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Field Service Engineer (m / f / x) - Netherlands
*** Due to immigration laws this position is only open to EU citizens or candidates with a permanent resident &work permit ***
An exciting opportunity has arisen in The Netherlands as a Field Service Engineer, reporting to the Operations Manager – Service Delivery A&C. In this role, you will be a part of the Service Delivery team delivering maintenance, installation, commissioning, refit and retrofit Kongsberg’s AutoChief Propulsion Control Systems and K-Chief Marine Automation Systems including our machinery instrumentation products such as MetaPower and Bearing Wear Condition Monitoring at our customers’ vessels. You will perform services and maintenance on sailing ships with our equipment, as well as in-house technical support to our customers.
If you have technical qualifications in electro, automation, or electronics then you have the competence we seek. If you also identify with our values; determined, innovative, collaborative, reliable and consider yourself highly motivated for worldwide support activities, then you are the candidate we are looking for.
- Maintenance, repair and troubleshooting incl. refit/retrofit of our AutoChief and K-Chief systems
- Technical on-call service and assistance to our customers and colleagues in the region from the office in Spijkenisse
- Documentation and reporting
Qualifications and experience
- A degree in Electrical Engineering / Electrical Installation Technology / Measurement and Control technology. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of education
- Field experience from maritime, shipping and/or offshore oil & gas installations is an advantage.
- General good knowledge of computer systems
- Competence with control systems / automation
- Proficient written and oral skills in English (Dutch language considered an asset)
- Ability to deal with several activities simultaneously in a hectic environment
- Ready and motivated for world-wide support activities
- Knowledge of and experience with Kongsberg Maritime products is an advantage
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment in a World Class team and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
As a field service engineer you will get a chance to work towards PROTECHTING PEOPLE AND PLANET with leading technology in an industry which is working towards more environment friendly and green solutions. You will collaborate with people from different cultures and travel the world. You will be an important contributor in an exclusive technical, challenging, and fun environment. We offer you a high degree of personal development and career opportunities.
Spijkenisse (NL), with worldwide travels.
Point of contact
Martin Nilsen, Team Manager
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea, and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense, and aerospace.
Kongsberg Maritime Netherlands, is a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime with an office with 70 employees based in Spijkenisse, The Netherlands providing Sales, Aftermarket Sales and Customer Support to our customers.
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades, and support in the aftermarket. Our employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades, and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology, and dedication
***Acquistion by employment agencies is not appreciated***