(Senior) Specialist Back Office Exchange & Collateral Management (m/f/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
What we do:
The Back Office Europe & US is the process engine for all commercial transactions. We are responsible for validation of the transactions, clearing and collaterals, contract settlements, billing, accruing, revenue accounting operations and EU regulatory reporting for all trading and most origination transaction across Europe. In a quick and changing environment we are building the bridge between our commercial departments and Finance units.
The Exchange & Collateral Management unit within Back Office is responsible for the processing of all exchange and collateral management related deals from deal validation to the payment process. An end-to-end understanding and professional centre of competence of these functional areas in the BackOffice processes must be ensured.
The department will manage the interface towards Statkraft’s Clearing Banks, Clearing Houses and Power exchanges as well as internal stakeholders in operational aspects.
Our entities operate around 25 power exchanges and soon more to come. The team covers processes and tasks for different Statkraft entities and locations.
- Ensure correct internal recording of all Exchange transactions
- Perform daily reconciliation between internal systems and Exchanges/Clearing Banks
- Resolve deviations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Process and monitor financial records related to Exchange transactions (e.g. invoicing, variation margin posting)
- Prepare financial figures for internal and external reporting
- Maintain regular communication with Clearing banks and Exchanges
- Process OTC Margining and Exchange Margining
- Understand, implement, and manage changes in processes and facilitate efficient and new implementations in the Exchange & Collateral Management arena
- Continuously seeking to increase the scalability of existing and newly implemented processes in the team.
- Keep sound relationship and communication with geographically spread stakeholders.
- Minimum 3-5 years work experience with Back Office processes for Clearing, Exchange & Collateral Management in the energy market, a bank or trading house
- University degree in Business Administration, Banking, Economics or quantitative studies would be an advantage
- Excellent understanding of different exchange traded commodities
- Excellent understanding of the life cycle of a deal
- Working experience with trading and Financial Systems like Murex and SAP (SAP FI) would be an advantage.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbally and in writing)
- Experienced in designing and conceptualizing new processes and continuous improvement.
- Ability to build effective relations in a multi-cultural environment and across various locations in the organization.
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.