Senior Software Development
Energi- og vannforsyning
Nordic Software Development is a specialist software development team in Statkraft that delivers class leading software for all business areas in Statkraft. Some examples are:
- Delivering customized solutions to the Energy management process that optimizes the sales of our renewable power on the spot and reserve markets
- Working with the construction and maintenance teams that build and operate our power plants on using machine learning to optimize maintenance.
- Work with our many analysis teams to help develop their tooling and automating time consuming manual processes
- Developing our high-performance computing platform where we run all the computationally heavy models and the tooling around that platform.
On a technical level we deliver a wide range of solutions ranging from web applications to advanced analytics tools.
Custom software development is essential for Statkraft to remain a market leader in renewable energy production and we are now looking for great people to join our software development team. If you enjoy challenging yourself and working in a competitive industry where technology is evolving the business we operate in, then we would love to talk to you. If you are motivated by working for a company that is a key part of the solution for creating an environmentally sustainable society then Statkraft is the company for you.
As part of the team you will have the opportunity to work closely with business users in many parts of the company and will learn a lot about producing, selling and maintaining renewable power assets as well as many types of analysis of everything from hydrology, power markets and preventive maintenance.
- Work as part of our high-performance computing team that develops the platform where all or computationally heavy models run and the tooling around that to structure input data and result sets, perform advanced analytics on the model results and make it available to the rest of the business
- Work together with the business users to develop advanced algorithms that solves complex business problems
- Help shape Statkraft’s digital future when working with new trends like big data, machine learning, predictive analytics etc.
- 5+ years software development experience
- High level of python understanding
- Good knowledge of C++ development
- Be eager to learn about new trends and technologies
- Good social and communication skills
- Fluent in English and preferably Norwegian
- Pro-active team player who feels responsible and enjoys challenging themselves
Other useful skills:
- Experience within a range of analytics
- Understanding of time series database design
- .net experience
- Good knowledge of mathematics/statistics
- Experience working with one or more of the following areas:
- Big Data
- Machine Learning
- Predictive analytics
What we offer
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including LinkedIn Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions and work life balance principles
A focus on fun outside of work, supported by various activity groups such as soccer, yoga, sailing, climbing, boxing, cabin rentals, and much more
The chance to enjoy a break and change of scenery in one of our amazing Statkraft cabins across the country
Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.
The position is located in Oslo. Some travelling must be expected.
As of August, qualified candidates will be invited to interviews on an ongoing basis.