Senior Risk Analyst for Renewable Energy Markets (m/f/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
What we do:
Statkraft is the market leader in integrating renewables in Germany and the UK. In total, Statkraft manages over 15.000 MW of renewable capacity across Europe. As part of the growth strategy, Statkraft expands its business activities across Europe. Statkraft provides market access solutions for renewable assets of third parties. Statkraft’s market risk team plays an active role in analyzing, measuring, communicating and managing these risks to contribute to the commercial success of Statkraft’s portfolio.
As part of Statkraft’s Risk Management team you will be responsibility for an independent assessment of Statkraft’s market access portfolios. This includes in particular:
- Regularly reporting on P&L and risks of the market access portfolios
- Keeping track and staying up-to-date with market developments in those markets
- Providing comprehensive risk evaluation of transactions and deal structures prior to deal closure
- Running own risk analysis and improve our risk tool kit for renewable energy assets by means of Python
- Advanced university degree in a quantitative discipline like Finance, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Engineering or Statistics
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in market risk management, energy trading or structuring of renewables transactions
- Previous experience in modelling renewable exposures highly desirable
- Programming experience (e.g. Python, Matlab or R)
- Proactive team player with integrity and attention to detail
- Good communication skills and confident approach towards stakeholders
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken – proficiency in other European languages is advantageous
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
- Excellent platform for professional growth in a truly international company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation where your input makes a difference
- An inhouse restaurant where you can have healthy lunch every day and free beverages
Applications can also be submitted in German.
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.
Oslo, Norway / Düsseldorf, Germany / London, UK