Senior Production Support Engineer
Olje og gass Industri / Produksjon
DNO is Norway's oldest oil and gas company. DNO has a more than 40-year history and has interests from the North Sea to the Middle East and North Africa. DNO has a leading position in reserves and production in Kurdistan Senior Production Support Engineer, Iraq operating the Tawke PSC. Daily oil production is approximately 110,000 barrels per day.
Due to increased activities, DNO is now seeking an experienced to work on a 4 week-on 4 week-off rotation roster on a back to back basis. The Senior Production Support Engineer will be joining an international dynamic working environment characterized by highly experienced, skilled and motivated employees.
The Senior Production Support Engineer will be based in the Erbil, Kurdistan office and be a key member of the Kurdistan Business Unit (BU) Production leadership team. Frequent travel to DNO’s field locations in Kurdistan is required as an expectation of the job.
Health, safety, environment and security are core values at DNO and are taken incredibly seriously. The Senior Production Support Engineer will be responsible and accountable for supporting operations in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
At present, the majority of production operations are centered on the Peshkabir and Tawke fields, which are located in the North of Kurdistan approximately 10 km from the Turkish border and producing approaching 110,000 bbl/d. The operating facilities consist of a Central Processing Facility at Tawke & Peshkabir also with two (2) trains at Tawke, a small refinery(diesel), infield pipelines/roads, 60+ wells, export pipelines, export terminal and pumping facility, camp facilities, workshops and warehouses/yards. Several drilling rigs are also active in the producing area.
The Senior Production Support Engineer will be expected to:
- Mentoring and coaching local national talent to take up responsible supervisory roles in the field or developing them in production support roles.
- Having good knowledge in process and relevant design codes.
- Having good knowledge in Corrosion and corrosion mechanism
- Ensure compliance and reporting of and improve against HSSE / asset Integrity and production standards.
- Provide support to the field team on day-to-day challenges as required which might include process improvements, procedures, troubleshooting etc…
- Provide support to Operations Support team in the following activites: production allocation and production reporting, 90 day activity planning, 90 day production forecasting.
- Coordinate and support ORD process, participate in the risk discussions, ORDs issuing, progress & closeout.
- Oversee and where asked act as focal point for production projects such as turnarounds, root cause investigations and improvements
- Develop, promote and maintain a work culture that delivers continuous improvement, safe operations and operational excellence in DNOs operations and activities.
- Safely deliver against all HSSE, Production, Maintenance & Support Engineering staff training and competency plans and targets.
- Set clear expectations, monitor / review and intervene with field activities by regular field visits.
- Ensure accurate planning for safe execution of rig-less workovers and any sim-ops activities.
- Ensure sufficient and timely operations and maintenance input to new projects including support for operations readiness.
Required Qualification & Experience:
- Candidate ideally holds a degree in Engineering and can demonstrate extensive experience in production operations process positions in a medium to large IOC or major oil and gas company.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate experience / competency across HSSE, Process Safety, process design codes, Asset Integrity , Production, Planning & Monitoring, Production Execution, Production Improvement and Emergency Management.
- As a guide 10+ years’ experience in upstream oil and gas with at least 5 years of experience in production supervisory/process positions would be a minimum expectation to be successful in the role.
- Open, clear, communication style.
- Proven team builder who sets tone for desired culture.
- Passionate supporter of multi-discipline teams with strong focus on safety and developing people.
- Proven ability to develop others.
- Flexible working style with adaptability.
- High energy, strong work ethic.
- Self-starter with “fire in the belly”.
- Ability to achieve results in a small company through initiative and taking accountability.
- Ability to cope with pressure, complexity and ambiguity while bringing order and clarity.
- Able to effectively deliver in a matrix team environment.
- Good delegator and prepared to self-deliver when needed – a working manager.
- Ability to maintain a balance of structure, planning and predictability with fast execution.
- Calm and efficient in emergency situations.
The role reports to Head of Operations Methods and will be based in Erbil office. The role will be a fixed term role (24 months) and on a rotational work schedule of 28 days on 28 days off.
Interested candidates kindly apply using a PDF version of the CV.