Senior Portfolio Manager – German / Central European Power (m/f/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
As part of the Trading & Origination Department, the Central European Origination team concludes non-standard, structured and often complex transactions in wholesale energy markets. Therefore, it cooperates closely with Statkraft’s trading desks and the other regional Origination teams to offer pan-European tailored energy solutions. The responsibilities within the team are divided among Origination and Portfolio Management. The Portfolio Management team structures and prices all non-standard commodity contracts and manages the resulting position. The portfolio consists of tailor-made long-term Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) and long-term sales contracts to large end customers as well as other non-standard flexible and structured wholesale products in Germany. In addition, the team is also responsible for the sales trading desk with team members located in Düsseldorf. The Portfolio Management team are actively expanding its activities to other countries.
You will be located in Düsseldorf and be active in the portfolio management of all German and potentially other positions in Central Europe. Your activities will include:
- Scaling up of our portfolio of non-standard power and multi-commodity contracts,
- Develop both quantitative and fundamental view of relevant power markets (including risks related to managing an intermittent renewable portfolio) along the entire curve, liaising closely with team members and analysis functions to share know-how and market views
- Proactively manage the information flow and implement routines with main stakeholders by engaging yourself in in-depth discussions with fellow portfolio managers and originators and internal and external analysts
- Work closely with deal originators for new deal origination, structuring and pricing in the German market and, building up our portfolio in other markets
- Optimize the value of the Central European portfolio in the long-/mid- and short-term markets via OTC and screen trading, develop convincing trade recommendations that help us fully explore market opportunities and enhance portfolio returns within the limits of our mandate
- Constantly improve modelling tools and optimization approach, actively shape the set-up of state-of-the art portfolio management infrastructure and procedures
- Liaise closely with risk department / middle office on PnL and risk reporting
- University degree in mathematics, economics, engineering or similar
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in energy markets, preferably previous commercial (front office) experience in the German power market and/or other Central or Eastern European markets, power trading and risk management.
- Reliable team player with excellent communication skills in English. German is an advantage.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills; state-of-the art know-how in pricing of structured, non-standard contracts in power markets.
- Strong commercial mind-set and high level of initiative and motivation
- Flexible, accurate and capable of further developing the business
- Some willingness to travel
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire. This position is based in Düsseldorf.
Oslo, Norway / Düsseldorf, Germany / London, UK