Senior Originator (Eastern / South East Europe) (m/f/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
As part of the Trading & Origination Department, the Central European Origination team concludes non-standard, structured and often complex transactions in wholesale energy markets. Thereby, it cooperates closely with Statkraft’s trading desks and the other regional Origination teams to offer pan-European tailored energy solutions. The responsibilities within Central European Origination are divided into Origination Germany and Portfolio Management.
While the Origination teams focus on originating, structuring and negotiating value enhancing new transactions, the Portfolio Management provides the analysis, structuring and pricing platform to all non-standard commodity contracts and manages the entire portfolio exposure in the market across the curve until delivery. Thereby, Origination and Portfolio Management closely collaborate on a “one team – one PnL” philosophy. The portfolio consists of tailor-made long-term Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) with IPPs / generators and long-term sales contracts to large end customers as well as other non-standard flexible and structured wholesale products in Germany. Central European Origination is planning to further expand in terms of regional and product scope over the next years to Eastern / South East Europe.
Your first “home-base” will be Düsseldorf and you will build up the Origination activities as well as the new regional office(s) in Eastern / South East Europe, where you will be potentially located in the future. You will report directly to the VP Central European Origination. Your activities will include:
- Develop an in-depth market entry strategy for selected Eastern / South East European countries and fully execute the market entry process (e.g. opening the local office)
- Play a pivotal role in the scaling up of the portfolio of non-standard power and multi-commodity contracts in Eastern / South East Europe
- Work closely with Origination Germany and Portfolio Management to identify, develop, negotiate and execute complex structured energy transactions with embedded optionality with a focus on renewable PPAs
- Develop and maintain relationships with large buyers of electricity such as industrials, corporates, suppliers, as well as with upstream generators, IPPs, project developers, investors, banks, utilities and merchant traders
- Originate new - out-of-the box - marketing and trading opportunities with counterparties/clients to enlarge Statkraft’s playing field
- Close cooperation with colleagues in the Düsseldorf office, fellow originators, portfolio managers and risk analysts for new deal origination, structuring and pricing
- Manage entire deal approval process with all internal stakeholders and take full front-to-end ownership of implementation of new deals and products and contract management over the lifetime
- University degree in economics, engineering, business, or similar and minimum 7 years of professional work experience in energy markets
- Relevant commercial (front office) experience in Eastern / South East European power markets. Market knowledge from Hungary, Romania, and/or Bulgaria is a plus
- Proven track record in the valuation, structuring, negotiation and execution of either asset-backed transactions or structured commodity / cross commodity transactions
- Experience with non-standard power contract terms, long-term renewable off take agreements / PPAs and master trade agreements, such as EFET, ISDA
- Strong understanding of and view on European power market fundamentals, interconnections, generation assets, market players and market regulations
- Strong local network to large buyers of electricty, upstream generators, IPPs, developers, investors, banks, utilities and merchant traders in the region
- Solid quantitative modelling skills - demonstrable knowledge of financial/investment modelling of power assets as well as modelling and pricing of more complex energy structures
- Strong team player, who has experience in cooperating with different internal functions (e.g. Operations, Risk, Legal, other Front Office desks) to manage the deal lifecycle from initiation to execution into operations
- Willingness to frequently travel between the Statkraft office in Düsseldorf, the new office location(s) and customers
- Strong commercial mind-set and high level of initiative and motivation
- Fluent in one Eastern / South East European language and excellent communication skills in English; any additional language proficiency is a plus
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.
- Legg ut alle dine ledige jobber
- Bestill annonsering i alle kanaler
- Motta søknader ett sted
- Profesjonell søknadshåndtering
- Jobbmatch - 100.000+ kandidater
- Integrasjoner med HR og fag-systemer