Senior Originator / Business Developer Italy (f/m/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
As part of the Trading & Origination Department, the Southern European Origination team originates and manages a long-term portfolio of third-party contracts in Spain and Portugal, typically tailor-made Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) and long-term sales contracts to large end customers. The team is currently expanding its activities to France and Italy. The team’s responsibilities include the origination, structuring, pricing and portfolio management of all non-standard power contracts in the mentioned countries, with team members currently located in Düsseldorf, Madrid, and Milan.
As a Senior Originator/Business Developer you will shape Statkraft’s business case in Italy. You will build Statkraft’s position as a market integrator in the mid- to long-term PPA market in Italy, matching needs of renewable generators and buyers of electricity (suppliers, industrials). You will also explore other promising business cases within Statkraft’s strategy. As required and possible the role includes regular travelling to meet customers and business partner but also colleagues in Duesseldorf, the latter especially in the first months of employment. However, your permanent office location will be Milan.
Your activities will include:
- Develop and maintain relationships with large buyers of electricity such as industrials, corporates, suppliers, serving as a professional key-account and understanding their purchasing needs.
- Identify, develop, negotiate and execute complex structured energy transactions with embedded optionality in the Italian market with a focus on renewable PPAs
- Explore markets and promote new products in collaboration with other desks, channel and distribute information and opportunities
- Originate new - out-of-the box - marketing and trading opportunities with counterparties/clients to enlarge Statkraft’s playing field
- Work closely with colleagues in Milan office, fellow originators, portfolio managers and risk analysts for new deal origination, structuring and pricing
- Manage entire deal approval process with all internal stakeholders
- Deal with day-to-day administrative issues related to the contractual portfolio
- University degree in economics, engineering, business, or similar
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in energy markets, preferably previous commercial (front office) experience in the Italian power market
- Experience and familiarity with non-standard power contract terms, ideally with long-term renewable off take agreements / PPAs and master trade agreements, such as EFET, ISDA
- Strong understanding of and view on European power market fundamentals, interconnections, generation assets, market players and market regulations
- Strong team player able to co-operate with members from internal support desks (Operations, Risk, Legal, other Front Office desks) to head the deal lifecycle from initiation to execution
- Strong commercial mind-set and high level of initiative and motivation
- Fluent in Italian and excellent communication skills in English
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.