Senior Market Analyst
Energi- og vannforsyning
Senior Market Analyst
New Delhi - India | Full time
Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations. Statkraft has 3800 employees in 16 countries.
You will be a part of the Market Analysis team that forms the foundation of Statkraft’s business and commercial interests in India. It is responsible for supporting the management and business units (Asset side as well as Trading & Origination portfolio) with strategic market analysis and is responsible for all tools and methodologies used in this regard. The team works in a cross functional environment and has strong coordination with global teams.
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
As Senior Market Analyst, you’ll report to Head of Market Analysis and following tasks would be a part of your job profile:
- Analytical modelling and Research: Develop, calibrate and execute models for analysis of energy and power sector. This involves intense data mining, data analysis and tracking of key developments to generate meaningful insights on energy markets (power, fuels, renewables, etc...)
- Internal communications: Track power markets, review, discuss and present on a regular basis all the key market insights (e.g. on short term price trajectory, imported coal price trajectory) with various internal teams. Develop and document the analytical methodology and findings further in cooperation with other colleagues in India and the pan-European analysis units.
- Documentation: Prepare and deliver high quality timely reports, presentations and documents on all the deliverables.
- Organised Analysis: Develop tools and processes to streamline or enhance the delivery quality from strategic analysis. Organise and update all the data, info and deliveries in accessible formats. Validate and maintain the Model Libraries (fundamental as well as analytical models).
- Above all, be an outright Team Player
The role represents a unique opportunity for personal and professional growth by being a part of the Statkraft team that has been developing business from the outset. It presents a strong learning opportunity from our commercial & business expertise in Global Energy Markets, including Nordic and continental Europe where we have a market leading position.
- Education: Graduate / post-graduate in Economics/ Econometrics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Operational Research or any other relevant field.
- Technical skills: Strong analytical modelling skills, Strong Excel & programming skills, Hands-on experience with Python or STATA, Tableau, Power BI or similar is desirable.
- Experience: 4-7 years of relevant experience in Power Market. Expertise in handling fundamental or statistical models of energy markets is required.
- Effectively interface and communicate with management and internal teams.
- Effective documentation (reports/ memos/ notes) and presentation skills.
- Self-driven and able to take initiative and full responsibility for actions & projects.
- Result-oriented personality who thinks in terms of solutions.
- Efficient external stake holder engagement skills would be a plus.
What we offer
- Professional and personal development in a multinational company experiencing strong growth.
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation.
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background.
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes.
Expected start date: As soon as possible
Location: Saket, New Delhi
Contacts: Seema Amithkumar
Last date to submit applications: 20th October’21